MOVE your mouse around to add some extra randomness...
A Sexcoin wallet is as simple as a single pairing of a Sexcoin address with it's corresponding Sexcoin private key. Such a wallet has been generated for you in your web browser and is displayed above.
To safeguard this wallet you must print or otherwise record the Sexcoin address and private key. It is important to make a backup copy of the private key and store it in a safe location. This site does not have knowledge of your private key. If you are familiar with PGP you can download this all-in-one HTML page and check that you have an authentic version from the author of this site by matching the SHA1 hash of this HTML with the SHA1 hash available in the signed version history document linked on the footer of this site. If you leave/refresh the site or press the "Generate New Address" button then a new private key will be generated and the previously displayed private key will not be retrievable. Your Sexcoin private key should be kept a secret. Whomever you share the private key with has access to spend all the sexcoins associated with that address. If you print your wallet then store it in a zip lock bag to keep it safe from water. Treat a paper wallet like cash.
Add funds to this wallet by instructing others to send sexcoins to your Sexcoin address.
Check your balance by going to sxcexplorer.com or blockexplorer.lavajumper.com and entering your Sexcoin address.
Spend your sexcoins by downloading one of the popular sexcoin p2p clients and importing your private key to the p2p client wallet. Keep in mind when you import your single key to a sexcoin p2p client and spend funds your key will be bundled with other private keys in the p2p client wallet. When you perform a transaction your change will be sent to another sexcoin address within the p2p client wallet. You must then backup the p2p client wallet and keep it safe as your remaining sexcoins will be stored there. Satoshi advised that one should never delete a wallet.
- Use the Bulk Wallet tab to pre-generate a large number of sexcoin addresses (10,000+). Copy and paste the generated comma separated values (CSV) list to a secure text file on your computer. Backup the file you just created to a secure location.
- Import the sexcoin addresses into a database table on your web server. (Don't put the wallet/private keys on your web server, otherwise you risk hackers stealing your coins. Just the sexcoin addresses as they will be shown to customers.)
- Provide an option on your website's shopping cart for your customer to pay in Sexcoin. When the customer chooses to pay in Sexcoin you will then display one of the addresses from your database to the customer as his "payment address" and save it with his shopping cart order.
- You now need to be notified when the payment arrives. Google "sexcoin payment notification" and subscribe to at least one sexcoin payment notification service. There are various services that will notify you via Web Services, API, SMS, Email, etc. Once you receive this notification, which could be programmatically automated, you can process the customer's order. To manually check if a payment has arrived you can use Block Explorer. Replace THEADDRESSGOESHERE with the sexcoin address you are checking. It could take between 10 minutes to one hour for the transaction to be confirmed.
Unconfirmed transactions can be viewed at: http://sxcexplorer.net/
You should see the transaction there within 30 seconds.
- Sexcoins will safely pile up on the block chain. Use the original wallet file you generated in step 1 to spend them.
Sexcoin v0.6+ stores public keys in compressed format. The client now also supports import and export of private keys with importprivkey/dumpprivkey. The format of the exported private key is determined by whether the address was generated in an old or new wallet.
51 characters base58, starts with a '6'
52 characters base58, starts with a 'T'